Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Room


The house that we're living in right now is incredible. It's also a bit retro-fabulous. I mean, throw-back 1974 stuff everywhere. There is wood. Oh my, the wood.

I wish you could transport yourself into this picture to be looking at this in real life. The picture doesn't do justice to the hue of blue that was this room. It hurt my eyes. Literally, neon blue.



So this weekend I decided to do something about it. It was a loooooong process- notice all of the wood detailing?


This room now makes my heart smile every time I walk into it.

I also don't know why this picture seems to be glowing. But that's neither here nor there.

Also, things of note in this picture: my beautiful black chest that I redid in this project. Seriously. Isn't she gawgeous!

And. And! The beautiful sheflara plant on the left side of the picture. I have now officially owned that plant for 3 1/2 months without killing it. It has even grown, and thrived under my care so much so that I had to repot it. Don't even get me started on how proud I am of myself for successfully repotting a plant. It's kind of a big deal. I'm making big strides in the journey toward parenthood- I can keep a live plant!

2 comments:

  1. perfect color choice...just perfect! love the decor too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the color too. The table is Gawgeous

    ReplyDelete