Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Calling


We've now been home from Costa Rica for a little over a month but I still find myself thinking about that trip a lot- laughing out loud at funny stories when I'm all by myself in the grocery store, remembering the beautiful sunsets, digesting even more lessons I learned.

This picture was taken on our canopy tour day. This is how I felt all trip! So fun!


Don't be jealous of the sexy helmet I got to wear.

So anyway, Lane was reading a book while we were there that got me thinking a lot, and I'm still thinking about it. It was called 'Handoff', and part of it talked about your calling versus your career.

Your calling is something that transcends everything; discovering your calling is so much bigger than just a job.

One year ago I would have said that my calling is something along the lines of
:: Educating teenagers in a relevant and loving way::

However, in the absence of a full-time teaching job, I found myself questioning my purpose and therefore my calling. And, in the future when I'm a mom, my calling will change again if I define it by the limited standards of simply what I do.

So right now I'm trying to listen to God and figure out what I my calling is. Who I am at my core. Then orient my life around that.

Educating people?
Informing them of my life through authentic living and instilling change through transparency?
Giving people a bigger picture of the world around them and helping discover their own ways to impact it for the good?
Is is something with using the creativity and power of words to change lives for the better?
Authentic, transparent living?
Loving others?
Living abundant life?

Hmmm. I'll be processing that a bit. Happy Wednesday to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment