Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Have you ever wondered what heaven looks like?


I'm pretty sure this is it.



This is on our final night there. The sunset that night was SPECTACULAR. Spectacular.



We went on an 'Adventure Tour', part of which involved hot springs and volcanic mud. LOVED it! They say that it's good for your skin, but I think maybe it was just a good excuse to get disgustingly dirty when you're not 5 years old.



A night out to celebrate an early 5 year anniversary!



Seriously. The waves were massive. Probably 9 feet tall. Ish. You can't see them here, but imagine it in your mind. He boogie boarded on them all day long. And came out laughing after each wave.



What the majority of our week looked like: Wake up, eat, lay by either pool or ocean, get lunch, siesta time, lay by either pool or ocean, shower, dinner, play in the pool. Every day.



To back up my claims of massive quantities eaten. Cast your eyes upon this beauty:



We really did so good lathering up with 50 SPF daily, but despite my shade-loving devotion we still got a little sun kissed as you can see in this picture. What can you do when you're 9 degrees above the equator?


So there's a little glimpse of what my last 9 days looked like. It was the perfect amount of time for us. I think it took the first 5-6 days to truly decompress, heal, and breathe, and then the rest were just an above and beyond gift.

1 comment:

  1. GREAT blog! Looks like a SUPER fun trip :) Thanks for following my blog Life as a Wife!! So exciting. I am following you back -- enjoy your weeekend!

    ReplyDelete